Announcing an open call for artists in all mediums for presentation on The Great Wall of Honesdale 2019. The Wall is entering its 4th year and has become a landmark in Wayne County, PA. More than 100,000 cars a week pass by The Wall and see the 11’ x 17’ foot panels. The 2019 edition will premiere in May and remain on display for a year. Each artist is permanently featured on The Wall’s website, which includes a link to their personal website.
To answer this call:
1. Please submit three images for consideration. Low resolution images are requested for judging (72 dpi and 650 pixels on longest side). Those selected to participate will be required to submit a high resolution image for printing (300 dpi and 4800 pixels on longest side). All images should be jpegs. Indicate title, medium, and year created for each submission.
2. Selections will be made based on artistic quality, diversity, and graphic strength. The wall is most often viewed from a distance, so strong graphic qualities are important to be effective. All submissions should be horizontal and be able to accommodate some cropping, as needed.
3. The Wall is supported by the generosity of local patrons and supporters. Artists selected to participate will be asked to contribute $250 towards the production of their vinyl panel and will own their panel after the year of presentation. The Wall is an affiliate of the Wayne County Arts Alliance. You do not have to be a member to participate, but members receive a 20% discount. You can become a member by going to the About page.
4. Make your submission via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put Great Wall Entry in the subject line.
5. Deadline for entries is midnight, February 28, 2019. Selections will be announced by March 15, 2019.
Looking forward to your entries,
Paul Plumadore and Jim Tindell
Curators of The Great Wall of Honesdale